YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A boiler malfunction at a school in Youngstown forced officials to close the building Thursday.
School officials came in around 7 a.m. to find steam coming from the basement of the building on Lynn Avenue.
Fire officials determined that a boiler in the building malfunctioned.
Classes were canceled for the day.
“It’s not as bad as we thought, so it’s just a little bit of water and steam from the boiler. It was not a fire. There was nothing that damaged too much. We just have to dry up some carpet and do some shop-vacuuming and get back to school, hopefully tomorrow,” said Executive Director Rachel Gonataz.
The school serves children ages 3 to 14.