CANFIELD, Ohio (WKBN) – The wife of a local sheriff’s deputy is giving back to the community to show her support for law enforcement in the Valley.
A “Back the Blue” rally is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 10 on the Green in Canfield.
Organizer Christine Oliver said she wanted to do something to say ‘thank you’ to those who serve and protect.
“I wanted to do something good with a purpose, so I formed a non-profit called “Back the Blue Ohio.” We are going to raise money for the children of fallen police officers,” Oliver said.
Saturday’s event will include concessions and entertainment as well as several raffle and auction items
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Highlights: Sharpsville snaps losing streak with shutout win over Mercer
- Highlights: Wilmington puts up 49 points in first half to cruise past Kennedy Catholic
- Highlights: Valley Christian blanks Wellsville in defensive EOAC battle
- Eye Ball celebrates Valley doctors who help the community with vision care
- Highlights: Ursuline’s Shannon makes history with new school record in win over East