CANFIELD, Ohio (WKBN) – The wife of a local sheriff’s deputy is giving back to the community to show her support for law enforcement in the Valley.
A “Back the Blue” rally is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 10 on the Green in Canfield.
Organizer Christine Oliver said she wanted to do something to say ‘thank you’ to those who serve and protect.
“I wanted to do something good with a purpose, so I formed a non-profit called “Back the Blue Ohio.” We are going to raise money for the children of fallen police officers,” Oliver said.
Saturday’s event will include concessions and entertainment as well as several raffle and auction items
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID pandemic
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- 1 dead, 2 injured in New York supermarket shooting; police searching for suspect
- ‘She was so embarrassed’: Man says another student, teacher cut 7-year-old daughter’s hair without permission
- Fast-tracked release of migrants without court notices surpasses 15,300, Texas Democrat confirms