CANFIELD, Ohio (WKBN) – The wife of a local sheriff’s deputy is giving back to the community to show her support for law enforcement in the Valley.
A “Back the Blue” rally is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 10 on the Green in Canfield.
Organizer Christine Oliver said she wanted to do something to say ‘thank you’ to those who serve and protect.
“I wanted to do something good with a purpose, so I formed a non-profit called “Back the Blue Ohio.” We are going to raise money for the children of fallen police officers,” Oliver said.
Saturday’s event will include concessions and entertainment as well as several raffle and auction items
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Woman taken to hospital after house fire in Trumbull County
- Officials confirm Alec Baldwin discharged prop gun on movie set, victims identified
- CDC panel backs expanded booster rollout: Here’s what comes next
- Alabama executes Willie B. Smith, intellectually disabled Black man, for 1991 murder
- Keenum, 3rd-string back Johnson lead Browns past Broncos