SHARON, Pa. (WKBN) – Two people escaped a house fire early Tuesday morning in Sharon.
Crews were called around 3:22 a.m. to a house on the 300 block of 4th Ave., near Brooklyn Street.
The homeowner said he was asleep on the couch when his cousin woke him up and said the house was on fire.
Both people made it out of the house safely.
The homeowner said he thinks the fire started on the back porch, but fire officials have not been able to figure out the official cause.
Both the first and second stories of the house were damaged, mostly in the back of the house, where a neighbor near the scene said flames could be seen shooting from.
Sharon Fire Chief Robert Fiscus said the house is repairable but was uninsured.
The house was destroyed so the American Red Cross was called in to help.