YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose said he will file an appeal if a judge in Columbus rules he cannot limit the number of ballot drop boxes at boards of election across the state.
Mahoning County was one of the first in Ohio to start using a dropbox outside the Board of Elections office in Youngstown.
Now, a Franklin County judge is saying LaRose does not have the authority to limit the number of boxes different counties may use.
The judge’s ruling does not block LaRose from enforcing the one-box order.
Lawyers for the Ohio Secretary of State will appeal if such a ruling is made.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Warming up for your 1st Fall weekend
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Louisville officer shooting suspect will face charges of assault, wanton endangerment
- What both sides are saying about a peaceful transition of power
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans