Name: Paul Mango
City of Residence: Gibsonia, PA
Party Affiliation: Republican
Office Desired: Governor
Why should you be elected
1) Leadership: From training at West Point, to leading the best soldiers in the world in the 82nd Airborne Division, to working with private sector teams in health care organizations globally, I have consistently brought people together to achieve results.
2) Private sector experience: I have spent my career bringing transformational change to some of the largest health care organizations in the world. While my health care expertise will be critical as Governor, my experience changing large organizations sets me apart when we consider the size and scope of the change needed in Harrisburg.
3) A real plan for Pennsylvania: Nine months ago, I released my plan for Pennsylvania entitled Restore the Dream. It tackles the issues that matter most to Pennsylvanians, including jobs and economic growth, education, health care, the drug overdose epidemic, Veterans and first responders, and reforming Harrisburg. No other candidate in this race has proposed a plan that is as comprehensive. My plan is ambitious, and it is detailed. But I believe that Pennsylvanians should expect nothing less from someone running to lead the Commonwealth.
Top three priorities
1) Bring our jobs and our children home by growing Pennsylvania’s economy
2) Solve our drug overdose epidemic by focusing on prevention, empowering local communities to develop tailored strategies to their specific problems, and disseminating best practices across the Commonwealth
3) Reform our education system (both K-12 and post secondary) to foster innovation in schools and reconstitute our skilled labor force in Pennsylvania
Paul Mango’s roots in Pennsylvania run deep. His grandfather immigrated here from Italy, and then worked on the railroad that crossed the state; the one that carried the steel and coal helping to build our factories and create countless jobs. Paul’s grandfather passed on to him the value and dignity of hard work. During high school, Paul was employed by a hotel as a dishwasher, by a farmer’s market stocking produce and as a scorekeeper in a bowling alley.
Balancing his father’s advice to get a college education along with his strong calling to serve his country, Paul applied, and was accepted, to West Point. One of his proudest moments was receiving his diploma on graduation day from President Ronald Reagan. After completing Army Ranger training and jump school, Paul went on to serve America as a paratrooper in the storied 82nd Airborne Division.
While serving in the military, Paul and his wife saved every penny they could so that he could continue his education, and he earned a Master’s Degree in Business at Harvard; an education that will be invaluable for someone whose main priorities as Governor will be growing Pennsylvania’s economy, creating jobs, and finding innovative ways to do more with less.
Paul then joined one of the most respected business leadership and professional advisory firms in America, where he rolled up his sleeves and helped companies first anticipate, and then adapt to, change. Paul’s 25 years as a business leader have provided him with an unmatched skillset for helping Pennsylvania out-compete other states and countries for the jobs of the future.
Despite these remarkable achievements, Paul Mango would tell you that his greatest blessing in life has been his family. While at West Point, Paul met his wife Dawn, and they’ve been married for 36 years. And together, they’ve lived in the same Pittsburgh house for 20 years, where they’ve raised their five daughters, one of whom followed her parents’ footsteps to West Point and recently returned from serving our country as a First Lieutenant overseas in Korea. Paul and Dawn have also generously supported a variety of Veterans’ and military-related charities since leaving active duty.
Now Paul Mango wants to take his middle-class values, his military training, business education, and decades of experience solving some of the toughest business problems at America’s most admired companies, to fix Pennsylvania’s stalled economy, underperforming schools, out-of-control spending and taxation, heroin and opioid epidemic, and end the presence of sanctuary cities to make Pennsylvania work again…for all our families.
Name: Paul Mango