Warren crime activity: Drunk driver found hours later stumbling in parking lot, police say


Friday, May 3

12 p.m. – 100 block of Scott St. NE, Wayne Roper, 27, arrested and charged with domestic violence and unlawful restraint.

3 p.m. – 800 block of Sylvan St. NW, Jennifer Forte, 23, charged with endangering children. Forte’s boyfriend said he found her, possibly overdosed, in bed with their 5-month-old next to her. She was supposed to be watching two other children as well, who were found safe upstairs, police said. Forte was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Sunday, May 5

12:13 a.m. – 1700 block of W. Market St., officers said there was a big fight at Raiders Bar. When police got there, they said they saw broken pool sticks and blood on the floor. Several people said they were punched and hit with pool sticks. They were not seriously hurt.

Monday, May 6

2:29 a.m. – 2000 block of Wallace St. SE, Taylor Phifer, 21, of Youngstown, charged with felonious assault and aggravated burglary; Tahira Newsome, 23, of Erie, Pennsylvania, charged with felonious assault. Police said during an argument, two women, including Phifer, had been stabbed. A man said he was sleeping in bed with Newsome when they heard banging at the door. He said he went to the door, and the two women pushed past him and started attacking Newsome. Newsome told police she swung a knife around to get them to back off, but she didn’t think she actually hurt them.

11:53 a.m. – 700 block of W. Market St., Mitchell Mamula, 28, charged with DUI. Police said they pulled Mamula over and saw an open container of Twisted Tea on the floor. They said he seemed drunk and failed sobriety tests. Mamula refused to take a chemical test, telling officers “he was afraid that things he’s done in the past few days would show up,” according to a police report.

2:03 p.m. – 200 block of Chestnut Ave. SE, Mitchell Mamula, 28, arrested and charged with obstructing official business and resisting arrest. Police said Mamula, who had been charged with an OVI earlier in the day, was staggering in a parking lot and walking into parked cars. Officers said he wasn’t wearing a shirt or pants. When police called out to Mamula, they said he shoved a handful of drugs in his mouth and started chewing them. As officers arrested him, they said he tried to walk away and push them off of him. Police ended up tasing him to get him under control and keep him from swallowing the drugs, which could have led to an overdose. Mamula spit out pieces of the white substance, which was sent to a lab for testing.

Disclaimer: These reports don’t represent all calls made to the Warren City Police Department. This public information was provided in reports from the Warren City Police Department. Items reflect charges filed, not convictions.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending on WKBN.com