YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – A nurse who works at St. Elizabeth Hospital is featured in a new public service announcement about COVID-19.
Lisa Burich, along with three other Ohio nurses, is featured in the PSA that explains what nurses see and experience while treating a patients with the virus.
The sometimes very emotional script has each nurse talking about what they and the patient go through from the onset of treatment to going on a ventilator and in some cases, death.
Burich appeared on Governor DeWine’s coronavirus briefing last week talking about the toll that the virus is taking on health care workers.
Burich is a registered nurse and the emergency room leader at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Youngstown. She graduated from Canfield High School and still lives there.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Salem hospital vaccine clinic full for this round of COVID-19 supply
- Tonight’s Campbell Memorial vs. Champion boys basketball game postponed
- Youngstown police investigate skeletal remains found by roadside
- Callers frustrated with COVID-19 vaccine registration process