BOARDMAN, Ohio (WKBN) – As Covid-19 cases continue to climb, the virus is now affecting the operations of the Boardman Fire Department.
Firefighters are no longer able to respond to medical calls unless ambulance crews need them in emergencies.
Township Administrator Jason Loree said 12 firefighters have now tested positive for COVID-19. That’s up from seven earlier this week, with another 14 being quarantined.
At this point, all three of Boardman’s fire stations remain open, but Loree says that could change from day to day.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Americans face new COVID-19 restrictions after Thanksgiving
- Biden names liberal econ team as pandemic threatens workers
- Winter Storm Update – Snow continues Tuesday
- Boardman’s Linsley to miss time with Packers; expected back for playoffs
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening