YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) – Members of the Youngstown State University Board of Trustees spent Wednesday talking the university’s future.
A series of meetings were held where discussions centered around how to market the university to attract and retain students and grow enrollment.
President Jim Tressel said the university needs to find ways to reach out to prospective students who live outside the immediate area.
“People in the five-county area have heard. Everyone they bump into has a success story that they’ve heard, but how are you going to attract outside of that? That, in my mind, is the key to the future,” Tressel said.
Trustees plan to come up with and implement their marketing ideas over the next year.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Another near record low temperature Sunday morning
- Player of the Game: Chaney’s Delshawn Petrosky
- Family, friends remember kayaker found after fatal accident at Lake Milton with vigil
- HIGHLIGHTS: Chaney rolls past Cardinal Mooney on WKBN Game of the Week
- Christina Brantley, Aliquippa, PA