(WKBN) – The Pennsylvania Department of Health said Thursday there were 561 additional positive cases of COVID-19 and 6 more deaths since Wednesday’s report.
This brings the statewide total to 1,218,418 cases and 27,819 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
There are 319 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 69 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. More data is available here.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of hospitalized patients continues to drop. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found here.
Statewide percent positivity for the week of July 9 to 15 stood at 1.7%.
County-specific information and a statewide map are available on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
Federal data representing all 67 counties:
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, July 21, Pennsylvania ranks 5th among all 50 states for total doses administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday, July 21, 62.1% of Pennsylvanians age 18 and older are fully vaccinated.
Statewide data representing the 66 counties within the Department of Health’s vaccine jurisdiction:
- Pennsylvania’s vaccine dashboard was updated on Friday, July 9 to more accurately reflect the number of people who are partially and fully vaccinated in each county outside of Philadelphia, along with demographics of those receiving vaccine. For state-to-state comparisons, refer to the CDC vaccine data tracker.
- Vaccine providers have administered 11,477,668 total vaccine doses as of Thursday, July 22.
- 5,639,196 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 11,200 people per day receiving vaccinations.
The department continues to urge Pennsylvanians to follow CDC guidance for wearing a mask where required by law, rules and regulations, including health care, local business and workplace guidance. For the protection of themselves and others, individuals who have not yet been vaccinated or are partially vaccinated are still encouraged to wear a mask when in public.
There are 164,532 individuals who have a positive viral antigen test and are considered probable cases and 639 individuals who have a positive serology test and either COVID-19 symptoms or a high-risk exposure.
There are 4,862,946 individuals who have tested negative to date.
In licensed nursing and personal care homes, there have been a total of 72,145 resident cases of COVID-19 to date and 15,607 cases among employees, for a total of 87,752 at 1,599 distinct facilities in all 67 counties.
Out of total deaths reported to PA-NEDSS, 13,375 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities. A county breakdown can be found here.
Note that the number of deaths reported to NEDSS is not exactly the same as the COVID-19 related deaths reported by the death registry. The number of deaths among nursing and personal care home residents and employees is taken from the PA-NEDSS death data, as this information is not available in the death registry data.
Approximately 29,215 of total cases have been among health care workers.