(WKBN) – As health departments in the Valley continue to announce plans for Phase 1B of the COVID-19 vaccine, residents in Mercer and Lawrence counties may feel left out.
Pennsylvania is still in Phase 1A of the vaccine distribution, and the Department of Health has not released a timeline yet for the next phase.
Phase 1B will include vaccinations for the following groups:
- People ages 75 and older
- People in congregate settings not otherwise specified as LTCF and persons receiving home and community-based services
- First responders
- Correctional officers and other workers serving people in congregate care settings not included in Phase 1A
- Food and agricultural workers
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Grocery store workers
- Education workers
- Clergy and other essential support for houses of worship
- Public transit workers
- Individuals caring for children or adults in early childhood and adult day programs
WKBN will give an update on vaccine distribution plans in Mercer and Lawrence counties once those become available.