(WKBN) – As COVID-19 cases continue to surge across many states in the U.S., some of the country’s largest retailers are requiring customers to wear masks.
The following retailers will be requiring masks while visiting their stores:
- ALDI – Effective July 27, face coverings will be required to enter ALDI stores. ALDI encourages any customer that is unable or unwilling to wear a face covering, to visit shop.aldi.us for grocery delivery and even Curbside Grocery Pickup in many locations.
- Apple – Customers are required to wear masks while in all stores since May 17.
- Best Buy – Customers must wear a mask starting July 15. Any customer who doesn’t have a face-covering will be provided one. Children and individuals who cannot wear a mask will be allowed to enter the store without one.
- Costco – Shoppers are required to wear face coverings since May 4. The requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2 or to those unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition.
- CVS Pharmacy – Customers must wear a mask starting July 20.
- Home Depot – Customers must wear a mask inside all U.S. stores starting July 22. Small children and anyone with a valid medical condition will not be required to wear one. Reminders will be posted throughout the stores and masks will be provided to those who don’t have one.
- Kohl’s – Shoppers are required to wear a face-covering starting July 20. There will be associate greeters at the entrance of every store to welcome shoppers and remind them to wear masks.
- Kroger – Customers at all locations must wear a mask starting July 22.
- Lowe’s – Shoppers are required to wear masks in all U.S. stores starting July 20. They will offer masks at the customer service desk to those who do not have one, while supplies last.
- Marc’s – Customers must wear a face-covering starting July 20. There will be signs at entrances to inform customers of the new policy, as well as an employee to remind them to wear masks.
- McDonald’s – Customers must face coverings when entering U.S. restaurants, beginning Aug. 1.
- Panera Bread – Guests must wear a mask inside bakery-cafes starting July 15. Masks must be worn at all times, except while eating and drinking. Any customer who does not have a mask is asked to use curbside, delivery or drive-thru services.
- Planet Fitness – Planet Fitness, Inc. announced Monday that masks will be required at all locations beginning August 1.
- Sam’s Club – Club members must wear a mask starting July 20. Complimentary masks will be provided if the member does not have one, or they can be purchased inside the club.
- Starbucks – Customers must wear masks in all company-owned cafe locations starting July 15. Customers not wearing coverings will be able to pick up their order in the drive-thru or use curbside pickup through the Starbucks app.
- Target – Customers required to wear masks starting August 1. The retailer will hand out masks at entrances to those who need them.
- Walmart – Customers must wear masks at all stores starting July 20. Employees will be stationed near store entrances to remind customers of the rule. These employees will work with customers who show up at a store without a face covering to try and find a solution.