According to officials, groups of more than 10 people can no longer gather. However, there are some exceptions for places like bars, restaurants and schools.
The ordinance will be enforced by Kent City Health Department. Those who attend a party or host a party could face citation, as well as the property owner.
On Thursday, it was announced that 110 Kent State students will have to quarantine until Oct. 19 because of possible exposure to COVID-19.
The school recently partnered with CVS to provide free, rapid coronavirus testing to hundreds of students, staff and faculty. The participants will be randomly selected.
More stories from WKBN.com:
- A Warm Friday – Showers or storms return Friday night
- Crestview hopes to utilize ‘team speed’ against Garfield; Cusick & Powell discuss Saturday’s playoff matchup
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Instant Poll: Who won the Presidential Debate?
- ‘One game at a time’: Mineral Ridge confident after big win in tournament opener