Wheeling, W.Va. (WTRF) – Former football coach and East Liverpool native Lou Holtz has tested positive for COVID-19.
The 83-year-old confirmed the test Thursday to Columbia TV station WOLO.
“I don’t have a lot of energy right now,” Holtz told the ABC station.
Holtz led Notre Dame to the 1988 national title in a Hall of Fame career. He has worked for ESPN and campaigned for President Donald Trump. Holtz is set to receiver the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Trump.
Holtz retired from coaching in 2004. He was 249-132-7 in 33 seasons at William & Mary, North Carolina State, Arkansas, Minnesota, Notre Dame and South Carolina. He was 3-10 with the New York Jets in the NFL in 1976.
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment
- Highlights: McDonald goes back-to-back with District Final win over Newton Falls
- Highlights: Western Reserve earns district crown with win over East Canton
- WATCH LIVE: Marlington vs Poland high school girl’s basketball Game of the Week
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine