COLUMBUS, Ohio (WKBN) – Dr. Joan Duwve withdrew her name from consideration for the position of Director of the Ohio Department of Health, citing personal reasons.
The Governor’s administration will continue its search for a full-time Director of the Ohio Department of Health.
Dr. Duwve would have replaced Dr. Amy Acton who helped lead the charge in combating the coronavirus when it first began in Ohio in March. Acton has since resigned.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Kazmer Fulop, Newton Falls, Ohio
- William “Will” J. Shugart, Canfield, Ohio
- California woman sues fertility doctor accused of using own sperm to impregnate her twice
- Coronavirus in Pennsylvania: 760 new cases, 21 new deaths
- A fantastic, fall-like Friday