SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) – A Minnesota man who attended the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota last month has died from COVID-19.
Doug Schultz, a spokesman for the Minnesota Department of Health. says the man who died was in his 60s and had underlying health problems.
The death is the first reported from the biker rally that drew hundreds of thousands of people.
Cases among people who attended the rally have been reported in 11 other states.
The rally went forward despite fears it could become a super-spread event.
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem welcomed the bikers and the tourist dollars they spend.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Salem Police Department buying 14 new body cameras, updated software
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- A Utah school was already online-only. Here’s what lessons it has for others
- Portsmouth schools use paced learning to adapt to different progress levels due to pandemic