(WKBN) – The Pennsylvania Department of Health reported an additional 760 positive cases of COVID-19 and 1 new death since Saturday’s report, when 813 new cases and 16 new deaths were reported.
That brings the statewide total to 118,852 cases and 7,314 total deaths attributed to COVID-19.
The number of tests administered between August 1 and August 7 is 150,527 with 5,231 positive cases. There were 23,317 test results reported to the department through 10 p.m., August 7. These results represent the total number of tests administered.
County-specific information and a statewide map are available on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
The department is seeing significant increases in the number of COVID-19 cases among younger age groups, particularly 19 to 24-year-olds. An alert was sent to healthcare providers about the changing COVID-19 case demographics, as there are more cases in younger age groups than in those 50-64 and 65+.
The following regions saw significant increases among 19 to 24-year-olds in each month from April to the end of July:
- SE – Nearly 5 percent of cases in April to approximately 19 percent of cases in July;
- SW – Approximately 5 percent of cases in April to nearly 18 percent of cases in July;
- NE – 6 percent of cases in April to nearly 17 percent of cases in July;
- SC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 14 percent of cases in July;
- NC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to nearly 14 percent of cases in July; and
- NW– Nearly 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 13 percent of cases in July.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 19,968 resident cases of COVID-19, and 4,153 cases among employees, for a total of 24,087 at 877 distinct facilities in 61 counties. Out of our total deaths, 4,974 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities. A county breakdown can be found here.
Approximately 8,644 of our total cases are among health care workers.
Currently, all 67 counties are in the green phase of reopening.
More stories from WKBN.com: