COLUMBUS, Ohio (WKBN) – Ohio has topped 5,000 COVID-19 deaths in the state.
Mahoning County is among the top five counties with the most deaths.
- Cuyahoga: 667
- Franklin: 635
- Lucas: 370
- Hamilton: 337
- Mahoning: 282
Both Mahoning and Trumbull counties entered into the red level last week on the Ohio Health Public Advisory System, an indicator that there is very high exposure and spread.
There have been 170,179 total confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in the state since the pandemic began.
About 143,826 people are presumed to have recovered from the illness in the state.
Here are the Ohio counties with the most coronavirus cases:
- Franklin: 29,327
- Cuyahoga: 18,538
- Hamilton: 14,773
- Montgomery: 9,075
- Lucas: 7,793
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Rain expected through early morning
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight