BOARDMAN, Ohio (WKBN) – Akron Children’s has begun vaccinating employees for COVID-19 at its Beeghly campus in Boardman.
One of the first employees to get the vaccine was Tiffany McFall, an anesthesia technologist.
“I have Multiple Sclerosis and have learned how important, safe and effective vaccines are, not just for me and my health but for my family, co-workers and patients. Let’s stay protected together,” McFall said.
Many health care workers, first-responders, and other frontline workers have begun receiving the COVID-19 vaccines in the Valley.
A clinic targeting people with disabilities was held in Youngstown and Governor Mike DeWine has also put teachers at the front of the line to receive the vaccine as well.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- More sunshine for your Tuesday
- Police: Middletown mother confesses to killing 6-year-old son, shows little remorse
- Crash closes portion of Poland Ave. in Youngstown
- COVID-19 vaccines ramping up for another large group, are health departments ready?
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing