WASHINGTON, D.C. (WKBN) – According to a recent entry on the Central Intelligence Agency’s website,hundreds of documents that were declassified in 1978 detailing the Agency’s investigations into Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) have been categorized into the top five most compelling.
The documents date primarily from the late 1940s and 1950s.To help navigate the vast amount of data contained in the Freedom of Information Act UFO Collection, a few documents have been highlighted that both skeptics and believers will find interesting.
- Flying Saucers Reported Over East Germany, 1952 (PDF 325 KB)
- Minutes of Branch Chief’s Meeting on UFOs, 11 August 1952 (PDF 162 KB)
- Flying Saucers Reported Over Spain and North Africa, 1952 (PDF 266 KB)
- Survey of Flying Saucer Reports, 1 August 1952 (PDF 175 KB)
- Scientific Advisory Panel on Unidentified Flying Objects, 14-17 January 1953 (PDF 907 KB)
- Flying Saucers Reported Over Belgian Congo Uranium Mines, 1952 (PDF 262 KB)
- Office Memorandum on Flying Saucers, 15 March 1949 (PDF 110 KB)
- Memorandum to the CIA Director on Flying Saucers, 2 October 1952 (PDF 443 KB)
- Meeting of the OSI Advisory Group on UFOs, 21 January 1953 (PDF 194 KB)
- Memorandum for the Record on Flying Saucers, 3 December 1952 (PDF 179 KB)