(WKBN) – Cleveland Cavaliers center Andre Drummond left a sweet tip for a server at Sweet Diner in Milwaukee Friday afternoon.
Eddie Reader was his server that day and the recipient of the $1,000 tip. He said that is a lot of money at any time but during the pandemic, it’s huge.
“Especially for me since I haven’t gotten any stimulus money and I’m trying to go back to school. This is exactly what I personally needed!” Reader said via a Twitter message. ” I never saw that coming!”
Reader said Drummond’s teammates were nice and that the crew at Sweet Diner is no stranger to professional athletes. They regularly have players from the Milwaukee Bucks stop in for a meal.
“The guys and Andre were so humble and down to earth. It was cool just to hang out with them!” Reader said.
Reader added that they also took care of two other tables’ checks that day.
“Incredible guys and definitely a life changing moment for me!” Reader said.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Man convicted in 3 killings to be last executed under Trump
- ‘It’s no longer a political party. It’s a cult’: Former Oklahoma lawmaker leaves Republican party
- Mercy Health asks for patience due to high volume of COVID-19 vaccination requests
- Online sign-ups complicate vaccine rollout for older people
- Thousands without power in Austintown