CUSTER STATE PARK, S.D. (KELO) — Officials at Custer State Park are reminding people to keep their distance after an incident with a bison left a woman unconscious.
It all started Wednesday evening when a woman got off a motorcycle and approached a bison calf, The Custer County Chronicle reports.
An adult bison charged her, catching her belt on its horn and tossing her around violently.
Eventually her pants came off, and she fell to the ground.
The paper says she was flown to the hospital, but her injuries were not serious.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- Texas governor issues Disaster Declaration for 29 counties ahead of Tropical Storm Beta
- Arthur H. Williams, Youngstown, Ohio
- Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’
- Struthers police give update on shooting that killed 4-year-old, hurt 4 others
- US Space Force deploys to vast new frontier: Arabian Desert