CUSTER STATE PARK, S.D. (KELO) — Officials at Custer State Park are reminding people to keep their distance after an incident with a bison left a woman unconscious.
It all started Wednesday evening when a woman got off a motorcycle and approached a bison calf, The Custer County Chronicle reports.
An adult bison charged her, catching her belt on its horn and tossing her around violently.
Eventually her pants came off, and she fell to the ground.
The paper says she was flown to the hospital, but her injuries were not serious.
More headlines from WKBN.com:
- ‘He truly embraced people’: Many remember late Trumbull Co. sheriff’s deputy fondly at funeral
- YSU offense struggles in home opener
- Garfield ends Champion’s tournament run in District Final
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday: 1,774 new cases, 54 deaths
- Back-to-back: South Range wins second straight District Title