Flash flood warnings are in place for a few areas across the Valley. Flash flood watch in effect until 8 PM Saturday.
Several areas across the Valley are experiencing flash flooding this Saturday afternoon. This comes after a long, soaking week of continuous showers and storms.
Throughout the afternoon, certain areas have received between 1-4″ of rain in a short amount of time causing the already saturated grounds to overflow.
Most impacted areas are small creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets, underpasses, and low-lying and poor drainage areas.
A flash flood watch is in effect for all Valley counties until 8 PM Saturday evening. Flash flood warnings have already been issued. Click on the “Weather” tab above to check for the latest information.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ENCOUNTER A FLOODED ROADWAY:
• Do NOT attempt to drive through a flooded area or closed off road
• Turn around, don’t drown!
• Find a different route or follow the detours
WHAT TO DO IF THE FLOOD WATERS ARE RISING:
• Seek higher ground immediately (ex: upstairs, roof)
• Call 911 for help
• Wait out until help arrives or the storm has passed and water has receded
• Do NOT walk through flood waters especially if you do not have an updated tetanus shot within the last 5 years
Send us your weather photos to our See It, Send It here.
Viewer submissions can be viewed here.