Woman continues over 100-year Canfield Fair tradition

Canfield Fair

The Canfield Fair has been around for years, and for one family, it has been a tradition to showcase their ponies. 

The tradition started years ago, and the family was one of the first to showcase ponies at the fair. 

Launa Lynn, one member of the family, keeps the tradition going so those memories don’t fade. 

“I’m the third generation of showing ponies at the fair,” Lynn said. “My grandfather started out many, many years ago — over 100 years ago. He was the first one in this barn showing, and my mom showed out of this barn, and so did I. It’s just been three generations of… it’s my life. My ponies are my life. I absolutely love it.” 

Lynn said her fondest memory of the fair is having her mom stand by and show her the ropes. 

Lynn has multiple ribbons, and this year, she even had a baby pony. It was born on Thursday, and she named it after mother and grandma — Audrey Jo. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending on WKBN.com